Lesneven Communal Cemetery
|Lesneven Communal Cemetery|
|Owned by:||Commonwealth War Graves Commission|
|Number of gravesites:||14|
|Website:||Lesneven Communal Cemetery|
The Lesneven Communal Cemetery is a cemetery in France containing a few burials from early in the Second World War. The majority of the burials are from the period of the British Expeditionary Force's (BEF) time in France in 1939-40. The cemetery has one Canadian burial.
There are now over 10 Second World War casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified.
Lesneven is a town 24 kilometres north-east of Brest, at the junction of the road from Brest, with the road which runs from the coast to the town of Landerneau.
The Cemetery is on the western outskirts of the town, north of the road to Lanhouarneau. There are two entrances, both on the western side, one at the northern and one at the southern end.
"We Rest Here"
The following members of the Royal Canadian Corps of Signals are buried here.
|Headstone||Service Number||Rank and Name||Grave Location|
||C3084||Sgt D.G. Hutt||Grave 18.|